I preached on Sunday about God’s incomparable grace. I used the text from John 8:1-11 about Jesus freeing a woman caught in the act of adultery. This was an important message and I thought I’d post a few notes.
1. Many were angry with Jesus because He lived opposite of the world’s ways.
2. The world we live in is one where grace is almost non-existent. Jesus breaks the world’s system because He offers grace when the world does not.
3. The world confronts sin. Grace also confronts sin. The world confronts sin in order to condemn the person. Grace confronts sin in order to free, heal, and save the person.
4. The world knows Christians as being extreme “moralists”, acting as if they are better than others. The ones responsible for this false perception are Christians who live by rules rather than grace.
5. The ONLY key to living a better morality is to live by grace and offer grace. Jesus was (and is) perfect, yet still chose to offer grace. We must follow His example. If we live by grace, the world will be changed.
6. God’s commandment to cease sinning comes AFTER He offers grace, not before. Do not mess up this order. Your life depends on it!
7. Let us be defined as a people who live by God’s grace in every area of our lives.
I hope this post was helpful to you. How are you needing to live by His grace today? Feel free to comment!