Last night, we opened up our LifeCenter facility to kids and their families. We played games, many kids dressed up, we gave out candy and we had a great time!
It was great to know that we could do something on October 31st to redeem something that the enemy would like to use for his purposes.
Here’s a few takeaways from last night:
1. It was GREAT to see a bunch of kids with smiles on their faces, not having to worry about what their friends from school were doing, but rather enjoying a great time in a safe environment.
2. It was incredible to see the community come to our event and get to know more about our church’s desire to serve our community.
3. It was a blessing to know that many of our church members were able to bring friends and their kids, thus creating a great relational opportunity with people who knew nothing about us before.
4. We have some of the best partners in the world! A bunch of our congregation showed up to help and serve. A special shout out to Yessenia Tolle for planning this event.
5. I will never participate in a pie eating contest again. If anyone tries to involve me in one in the future, consider this your warning to think before you speak! 🙂
6. On second thought, maybe I will…but can we please do something different than pumpkin pie?
Be blessed everyone!