Today is Memorial Day, and I am thankful. Thankful for so many thousands of men and women who have given their lives to give us freedom. I honor my dad, Jim Tolle, who was in the military, serving our country faithfully. It’s a great day!
I’m also thankful for the incredible day we had at CityLife yesterday. We prayed for the military, continued our Entourage series, and gave generously to help people affected by the tornado in Moore, Oklahoma.
So, here’s the update!
1. We continued our Entourage series talking about going deep in our relationships. So many times, we allow the superficiality of other relationships to negatively impact the relationships that are most important to us. We must choose to fight against this, so that we can love and be loved deeply by those who are closest to us.
2. We gave to help people in Oklahoma. We don’t have the numbers yet, but what I do know is that you faithfully gave to help those who were affected by the tornado. I am so thankful for your generosity and I know that others will be too!
3. Thanks for inviting! Remember that “Rescued people rescue people“! Because Jesus has rescued us, we can continue to find those who need to be rescued! Let’s continue to invite and bring our family and friends so that they may experience the amazing love of Jesus.
4. Have you checked out our website yet? If you haven’t, go to citylifela.org and check it out! We are working on maintaining everything as up to date as possible. If you’re interested in serving on a team, you can get connected there! Go for it!
5. This Sunday at CityLife! We will have a great Sunday this coming up. A lot of times we feel the pressure to include people close to us who should remain far from us. Also, we sometimes push people far away who should be closer. We’re going to dig into the concept of knowing who should have different types of access in our lives. I believe a lot of pain we experience in relationships is because we make wrong decisions in this area. Come and bring a friend…it’s gonna be good!
Let’s continue to work together so we may see the city of Los Angeles and its people transformed by the life found in Jesus.